Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23 - Day 3

Some decent weather in Northeast Ohio today, so hard to stay inside.  Almost got talked into diverging from my gradual transition to the new style.  Stayed strong, and ended up going to the gym and officially doing my first run in the 5 Fingers.  I know that they are good for me based on how hard it is to put them on.  It's like my toes are bound together.  My non-professional opinion is that this is not good, and therefore the fact that the 5 Fingers force my toes to be independent is a good thing.  I did .34 miles today on the treadmill.  Achilles felt a little better but I still seemed off to me, like my stride wasn't natural.  That said, I could have gone further.  Jumped to the elliptical and bike again, and then decided to try the shoes on the indoor track.  The track was much better than the treadmill, my Achilles felt much better and my stride felt much more natural.  I did three laps and forced myself to stop.  Looking forward to Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment