Thursday, June 9, 2011

May 25th - First Time Outside

Today I had to try going outside.  My gym has a walking trail at one end of the parking lot that is about 1/3rd of a mile.  As I headed into the parking lot I was excited.  This excitement  dampened when my first few steps were extremely painful.  All the pain was in my Achilles.  At the end of the parking lot there is a slight incline and I felt as week as ever, very discouraging, and I almost turned around.  However I proceeded to the trail, and as I progressed my legs felt better and better, even when I left the trail and returned to the pavement.  The trail was made up of gravel, rocks and grass, and I never felt uncomfortable in the shoes.  As I made it to the end of the parking lot, I felt good enough to keep going, but stayed disciplined and stopped.  With Memorial Day weekend coming up, and a houseful of guests expected, I anticipate that my feet and legs will get plenty of rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment