Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 3rd - Good Reason to Return From a Long Lay Off

Well, Memorial Day stretched into "Memorial Week".  Great weekend capped by a win on the golf course on Monday.  Question, how would minimalist golf shoes impact the game???  Tuesday through Friday my workouts were superseded by attending to work going on at the house, kids ball games after work and work travel.  Anybody else think this time of year is the busiest?  Christmas has nothing on May-June!  Anyway, as luck would have it, I was scheduled for a TV interview on Friday afternoon to discuss my transition.  Ended up fitting in my .5 mile run during the interview ... sweet!  You can check it out at: http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/193032/7/Barefoot-running-may-help-keep-runners-on-their-feet.

Very cool experience and I felt great running.  Noticed that my form deteriorates quickly, proof that I really need to build up strength in muscles, tendons etc. that I have previously not developed.  Inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment